Friday, June 15, 2007

What's Your Sleep Number???

My sweetest friend on the planet, On Fire for Him, posted about her AWESOME score of a freebie. Well, I must admit, that I am most impressed. I love that the Lord not only provides our needs, but He also goes above and beyond - many times providing us with things we haven't even asked for!


Well, I have definitely been known to say, "If it's free, it's for me". And Stretch and I have been extraordinarily blessed with awesome things. So, after two of my dear blogger friends have suggested, I thought I would share my newest blessing with you:

That's right baby! I was blessed with a BRAND NEW - ORDERED IT MYSELF - Sleep Number, Select Comfort 5000 Queen Size bed. Ahhh - it feels so good.

If you haven't tried one of these beds, and you are in the market for a new bed - you've gotta go to one of their stores and try it. You may THINK you know what kind of bed you like - soft, hard, somewhere in the middle. But I honestly think you don't know what you like until you've got it in your room and you've slept on it a few nights. And chances are that if you like a soft bed, then your husband likes a hard bed. This bed has airchambers that you adjust by a remote control until you are comfortable. And when you are sick and want a bit of a softer bed, you just adjust the number down. When you are pregnant and need a firmer bed you just adjust the number up. It's amazing.

Our bed was old. Older than old - the last time Stretch and I flipped it, we noticed the date of purchase tag read 1989. Hello!?! I was 13 when this bed was purchased!!! (quick, I know you are doing the math) We were blessed with this bed from my grandmother when we got married (which truly was a blessing, because we were three weeks out of college and broke). She said the bed was just a few years old and she didn't need such a big bed anymore. Just a few years old??? When she gave it to us it was already 9 years old - and we've slept on it for 9 more years. In the last year or so, I've been in alot of pain, sleeping horribly, and waking up feeling like I hadn't slept.

Until now. It took a few nights to figure out that I didn't like a soft bed like I thought. But now that I've found where I'm most comfortable, I'm not tossing and turning. I'm not waking up with a headache (which happened on a regular basis in my old bed). And I feel rested. Really rested.

So, go to your nearest store and check one out. Find out your Sleep Number. I'm a 75. How about you?

4 comments:

This Journey of Mine said...

Girl!!! Are you serious??? A sleep number bed, ordered it yourself, etc??? That is awesome. Unbelievable...unbelievable.

The Gang's Momma! said...

That's stinkin' awesome! But now you gotta share just how you got it free! Free?! Wow! In fact, we are in the market for a new mattress. We are loooong past needing one - should have tackled the whole thing 3 years ago when we moved. Do Tell!!!

Promises said...

That is SO AWESOME!!! I love to be blessed with free things, and am so happy for you two! So glad that you are not having headaches anymore! I would love to hear how you got it free too!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you love your Sleep Number bed. I'm the PR manager for Select Comfort, the maker of the Sleep Number bed. I guess I'm the official blogger, too. When I read posts like yours, I'm thrilled. Everyone at the company is thrilled. We take our mission of improving lives by improving sleep very seriously. Please, please, please let me know if you ever have any questions about your bed (my contact info is on the Web site and I think you can access my e-mail, too). And, if you want to continue to shout how much you like your Sleep Number bed, we'd love for you to post on a consumer review site like epinions.com or whatsthebest-mattress.com or qvc.com. Again, don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have questions.

Sleep Well,
Gabby Nelson