Monday, April 14, 2008

I've Missed You!!!

I can hardly believe it's been more than two months since my last post. Several of you harassed me at the last Moms in Action meeting, which by the way was SO MUCH FUN (I'll post on that maybe tomorrow, or next month) - I know you are all sick of seeing "A Simple Hello Would Be Fine". So I thought I would indulge you and post something new.

(By the way - if you are still clicking on everyones blog to see if they've posted a new one, you've got to get a bloglines account. Really ladies, you gotta get on board. You'll spend alot less time surfing around).
So, today I thought I would update you on the progress of my psoriasis. If you have no idea what I am talking about, start here. For those of you who now know way more about psoriasis than you EVER wanted to know, I'm doing well.

I am still going to the lightbox three days a week. Which I've gotta say is a real pain. And there are days that I get busy and forget. But I don't ever forget twice. It's amazing at how well the UVB light reduces the scaling and redness - but once I forgot two times - and it was really unbelievable how fast it went back to feeling and looking horrible!!!

I still have it on each area of my body, but many of the really small ones are gone. Where I once had maybe 500, I probably have about 300 now. And my face has really improved. Praise the Lord! Here's my updated photo:



Thank you so much for your kind words to me over the last few months. I love when a friend comes up to me and says, "wow your skin looks so much better". Even though I know I'm not one hundred percent, your kind words make me feel beautiful.

I'm off to the lightbox now - the lady at the lightbox who has issues with social graces still keeps to herself, but I always wait for her to answer my "Hi, how are you?" before I'll answer her about whether or not I've had any burning. Thanks for all your advice!!!

Up Next... How to Make Turtlenecks Fashionable for Summer

5 comments:

Promises said...

I think that you look great! Beautiful inside and out!

Melissa said...

I thought you looked just like you always have to me....beautiful, hip and sassy!! Love ya!

momteacherfriend said...

I am a bloglines fan myself. Even when someone is not consistent, I know I don't miss any posts. Fabulous.
Nice to hear from you.
Have a great day!

The Gang's Momma! said...

You ARE beautiful - And I love that you've shared with us all how you got that way. Like refined gold or silver after the process and the journey you've been on.

I just had Holding It Together explain bloglines/readers to me the other day - I'm so excited! Now I just gotta find time to add ALLLLLL my blogs I check in on . . .There are just too many to do it all at once.

This Journey of Mine said...

I miss you too! Really miss you. You, of course, look beautiful. And reading your blog made me want to cry!

Love you my friend!

PS - I'm coming to PA!