Friday, January 30, 2009

Surgery Update...

Chicken Nugget is home and doing well. She was VERY upset when she woke up and it took over an hour to calm her down. She kept saying, "I didn't want to have my tonsils out!" "I didn't want to have my tonsils out!".

The surgery went very well. She walked herself into the operating room, holding on to her stuffed animal, Snuggles. It broke my heart - but we both held it together. She was so brave. In twenty minutes, the doctor was in the waiting room talking to us. She did great - he said she'll be breathing so much better. Hallelujah.

Apparantly, the pain gets worse for the next day or so. Sunday is "supposed" to be her worst day. So we are just praying that it doesn't get worse. I appreciate your prayers and she continues to heal.

I'll update you again later!

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Aaaaaaw, how sweet. Walking herself in, I can just picture it.

We'll be praying for sure - I'm fairly certain we have some similar surgeries in our future with #4 and/or #5. :(

Promises said...

When my boys had their surgeries, the nurse carried them away (b/c of their age) - however, I did see kids walk themselves to the surgery, holding on to a stuffed animal. And, I know what you mean, it broke my heart when they carried my babies away, but we also held it together.