Tuesday, May 8, 2007

We'll Call Him Stretch...

OK, none of you came up with a good blogger name for my husband, so I've been calling him "husband". And he's not thrilled. He shouldn't be. It's a terrible nickname.

And then I realize, why am I asking other people to name MY husband??? I know him better than any of you. So I thought of some of his endearing qualities; he's humble, funny, thoughtful, strong, giving, handsome, forgetful (oh wait, that's not endearing), artistic, supportive, smart and a great gardener. Then, I tried to come up with a name for him, and they were all corny. YOU try and come up with a name for a humble man that isn't corny.

So, I'm calling him Stretch.
Stretch is 6'4". With an entire foot difference between us, he towers over me. And I like that. It makes me feel safe. I appreciate his height. He can reach things I can't. Kids think he's enormous. Adults ask him how tall he is. And everyone assumes he's a really good basketball player.

It's hard to find clothes for his long arms and legs and even harder to find size 14 shoes on sale.

But nevertheless, I love that he's tall.

1 comment: