Saturday, April 21, 2007

Tongue-Tied Over Heelys

Huckleberry got a VERY early birthday present - his first pair of Heelys. (Yes it's spelled with a "y" and not "ie"). He's been asking for them for two years and I keep saying, "when you turn 7". Well, for those of you who know us, Huckleberry is six months shy of turning 7. But I started researching them, looking for them on sale (not) and I found an "almost new" pair of Heelys on eBay for $47. Sweet. So, he got them early. Everytime he tells someone that he got Heelys I ask, "and what are you getting for your birthday from Mom and Dad?" He knows the answer so he smirks and says "Nothing". That's right...

But these stupid things - I can't talk about them without tripping over my words. I want to call them Wheelies, but their actually called Heelys and everytime I make the mistake you better believe he corrects me. What I WANT to say is, "Noah, take your wheels out of your heelys." But what comes out of my mouth is something not nearly as smooth. It's more like, "Noah take your wheelies out of your heelys, I mean your heelys out of your wheelies... I mean TAKE THE WHEELS OUT OF YOUR HEELYS!!!" ugh... why couldn't they just call them Wheelies. Really...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our Heely's! And I think there might be a brand called "Wheelies". At least, my kids call the neighbor's wheeled shoes "Wheelies"--his wheels aren't removeable; you push some button and they pop out (which is pretty clever). My five-year-old is now begging for Heely's for his next birthday.

Say Anything said...

My suggestion is to buy the brand name ones if you want them to double as their sneakers. The public schools do not let kids wear the ones that are retractable in school, but if they have the wheels that are removable, they can wear them (wheels removed of course)to school.