Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Flarp!

As I'm writing to tell you about this hysterical "toy"... my 4 year old daughter, "Chicken Nugget" is sitting under my desk playing with it. Ah... Flarp. It's 88 cents of pure bathroom humor fun. I first found this treasure at the Hershey Wal-Mart. *** sidenote: The Milton Hershey Boys always want us to take them to Wal-Mart - not sure what the big draw is. I guess it's like me going to the Pottery Barn Outlet. I'd go every weekend if someone would take me. Anyway - back to the Flarp.
Flarp is "noise putty" - I guess "Noise putty" looks better on the packaging then "Fart Putty" - which is exactly what it is.

I'm not a fan of the real thing - growing up in my family, you just didn't rip 'em whenever you had the urge - so I'm disgusted when members of my own family (I'll keep them nameless) take such liberty. I'm just really grossed out. But Flarp on the other hand - is hysterical, not disgusting and has a pleasant odor, as opposed to the real thing.

Chicken Nugget loves this stuff. She is constantly using it and laughing uncontrollably. It's harmless stuff - and my kids love it.

I would not however, buy it for a friend. We made this mistake over the weekend. Chicken Nugget saw it at the Dollar General and wanted to buy it for her friends' birthday. I didn't even think twice about it! I suppose I should have. The little boy loved it - in fact, it was quite a hit at the party. Not sure if his mom was thrilled that we bought her sweet son a can of fart putty. But it sure did make everyone laugh at the party. The little boy's brother wanted his own can, so did the neighbor boy - so, as if we didn't already do enough - we bought some for them the next day and put it on their doorstep. Thought we'd send a little more Flarp their way.

If you have an extra 88 cents to spare - pick it up next time your at Wal-Mart - it's in the toy department. It comes in lots of different colors and scents (pleasant scents, not realistic ones) and it is guaranteed to make your family laugh!!!

*** The birthday boy's father informed me that although Flarp does not stick to most household surfaces, it will in fact stick in your child's hair ***

3 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

It is worth a good laugh! That deep down belly laugh that lasts for a long time....yup, worth 88 cents in my book.

Emily said...

My nephews had some in the past. It is great for a laugh.

Melissa said...

If it's anything like "Floam" (and, it does sound a little bit like they may be distant relations, like 3nd cousins twice removed) I will avoid it like the plague! It stuck to everything it came in contact with although it did not make any hilarious noises (unless you count me shrieking like a banshee to REMOVE IT FROM MY HOUSE IMMEDIATELY AND DON"T EVER ASK FOR IT AGAIN....ARGHHHH!!!).