Thursday, March 8, 2007

$$$ Save, Save, Save $$$




That's what I told my 6 year old son, Huckleberry, when he asked me to buy him an $80 Nintendo Game Boy Advance. I made a deal with him that when he saved half, Dad & I would pay the other half. That was in December. Surprisingly, with only a dollar a week allowance, a little money from Memom and Pop, a gift card for Christmas, a few dollars from Great Grandma and presto... he's saved the $40.

I was sure hoping it would take longer. So when he informed me a few weeks back that he had saved his $40 - I panicked and said, "well now Daddy and I have to save our half". He seemed to think that was a reasonable answer. Thank goodness.

I'm not a big fan of gaming equipment. I didn't play them and neither did my husband. So I've been hesitant to get one for Huckleberry. He really enjoys them - so I've researched the different game systems and the Nintendo Game Boy Advance has alot of really fun, kid-friendly games out there.

He'll of course have limitations on the time ge gets to play and he will most certainly have to finish his morning chores before game time.

So we finally bit the bullet tonight and bought it.

2 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

It is amazing how our kids will save for things they really want. Way to follow through on your word.

This Journey of Mine said...

Hey Huckleberry,

Check with Mr. OnFire about gaming. That's what he grew up on when he was a kid!

Enjoy!