Monday, March 5, 2007

"That's My Boy"

Last night, after we arrived home from Hershey at 9pm, moved the sleeping kids from the car to their beds, unpacked the car, unpacked the suitcases AND folded all three loads of laundry that I left on my bed before we went away - we retired to our bed - surprisingly not tired. So...

I know where you THINK I'm going with this ladies (really girls you should know me better), but I'm actually not. I read a few chapters of my book and my hubby was catching up on schoolwork. As we were both quietly sitting in bed, we hear my 6 year old son (Huckleberry) get out of bed to come downstairs to go to the bathroom. And my husband comments with pride, "that's my boy". (Background - after 3 years of bedwetting every night and ALOT of prayer, he no longer has the problem. So when we hear him getting out of bed at night - it's a big deal).

Anyway - we hear him get out of bed, and then I get engrossed back into my book, and don't notice he never comes down the stairs. My husband turns to look at me and says, "Huckleberry is peeing on his bedroom floor". It takes me literally a minute for my brain to register what he has just said. And then I realize that sound that I THOUGHT was a plane far in the distance, is actually the sound of my dear son, peeing on the hardwood floor in his bedroom, which is directly above us (in fact doing his business practically over our heads).

What's funny is my hubby and I look at each other like, "you're gonna take care of this right?", but he doesn't budge. So I grab some rags and "joyfully" head upstairs. And there is Huckleberry in the middle of his bedroom with his pants down looking confused that I just turned the lights on. "Huckleberry, what are you doing?" He responds completely bothered that I asked, "I'm going to the bathroom!" So I say, "Baby, you just peed all over your Matchbox Track and the Teradactyl Hat you and Daddy made" (if you don't know what the Teradactyl Hat is - please don't ask). He looks down at his toys and hat and responds, "oh". And then he pulls up his pants and goes back to bed.

I couldn't wait to tell him all about it in the morning, because I knew he wouldn't remember. He didn't believe me until I showed him his Matchbox tracks in the sink and his Teradactyl hat at the curb (it's garbage day).

Hope you got a good laugh - we sure did!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Well, at least that takes care of the hat!

This Journey of Mine said...

Poor kid! Poor mom!

Sorry that you lost your Dinosaur Hat, Huckleberry!

{{HUGS}}

This Journey of Mine said...

BTW - Just a suggestion... you may want to change your comments to allow anonymous people. I have two comments on my blog under the "Introducing" post for you.

Just a thought!

Rita Loca said...

At least you had a good attitude about it. Enjoyed remembering the funny things little ones do.

Melissa said...

And you were worried you wouldn't have anything entertaining to write about!

Anonymous said...

I almost took it out of the garbage on my way to work thinking that you might regret throwing it away later. However, I thoughtI better mind my own business, so I didn't touch it. Boy am I glad I didn't!

momteacherfriend said...

The joys of boys!
Be on the look out for urine smells, our precious one would pee in wipe containers, just for the fun of it.
Hopefully this is the beginning and the end of your peeing in the bedroom experiences.
:D

So Blessed To Be Matthews Mom said...

You have me in stitches!! I can almost picture your son. My son is 4 and although we haven't happen yet, his personality say's watch out! I hope you don't mind me adding you to my blog!

http://soblessedtobematthewsmominma.blogspot.com/