Saturday, March 17, 2007

Make Your Own Playdoh!

Here's a great recipe that I got from a dear friend for Kool-Aid Playdoh. The kids and I made it a few days ago and had alot of fun. It smells awesome, doesn't stain and lasts longer than the real stuff.

2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2-3T vegetable oil
2 cups boiling water
2 packages same colored Kool-Aid

Mix all dry ingredients together, then add the boiling water and oil. Mix with a spoon (it will be too hot at first), then knead it with your hands until the mixture is completely incorporated.

This makes alot of dough - so I split the recipe and made two colors instead of one. Store them in ziploc baggies.

HAVE FUN!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

did you figure out what to add to it to make it release "gas passing" sounds like Flarp?

Natalie said...

We're making it right now!

Say Anything said...

Glad to hear it Mom In Action! It smells so good you have to remember it still tastes bad! My kids smelled it, and didn't believe me that it wouldn't taste good as well. So I told them to have at it - sure enough, it tastes disgusting!

Anonymous said...

I just heard someone raving about this, so I'm glad to have the recipe, although I need to get Koolaid to make it. I wonder if plain old food dye would work.